The true story of
Australia's Last Great Camel Expedition.
13 years to plan and 2 years to walk across Australia with a herd of camels to say "thank you" to the 'Children First Foundation' charity.
Recent Blog Entries
Connect with us on Facebook
Outback Australian Camels with the ABC's 'Compass' program
On top of the world overlooking the vast wilderness.
Camel Expeditioner Russell Osborne
Group trekking in the dunes
Feral Camel Training
Supporting Charity Causes
Outback Australian Camels
"To create a unique experience for the adventurer, nature and animal lover.
To evolve in such a way where human and animal connections are the core of our operation."
- To be uniquely Australian.
- To be an experience like no other on the adventure market.
- To entice lasting positive memories.
- To encourage the ability to rediscover the inner self.
- To encourage the reconnection between nature and ourselves.
- To provide a pathway for a loving and awe-inspiring bond between the camel and the human to take place.
- To provide pathways for the expansion of knowledge about the camel and nature.
- To provide opportunities for camel expedition and trekking education.
- Most importantly, to create a community of caring, like-minded people who have developed a passion for the camel and are working on projects that are beneficial to those less fortunate.
We are happy to announce we have achieved this and we are totally committed to continuously expanding the base elements of Outback Australian Camels.
100% Australian Family Owned and Operated Camel Safaris and Training
Your hosts, Russell Osborne, Tara Lea and Crew, together with their pack camels, take adventurers deep into the wilderness of our beautiful country - the Australian Outback on Almerta Station, Flinders Ranges, South Australia.
Emerge yourself on an unforgettable journey into the remote, yet stunningly beautiful part of the world that you will never forget and will hold onto forever as one of your greatest adventures and achievements.
We never trek the same path twice, nor camp in the same location twice. This allows the camel trekkers the freedom to explore and record the discoveries made on safari of the desert region.
We will take you on the paths less travelled and into the heart of the Australian wilderness. Our focus is on small (6) to large groups (10+) and individuals wanting to deeply immerse themselves into the heart of the authentic and traditional outback and create your own unique wilderness experiences.
We’re passionate about sustainable eco-tourism principles whereby we understand that by looking after our land and having a total 'leave no trace' policy we are preserving the natural environment that we visit.
“When you look after the land,
the land looks after you”.
The Flinders Ranges is once again the home of professional camel operators.
Using camels to transport equipment and supplies, Outback Australian Camels Safaris explore inaccessible regions of the Flinders Ranges in South Australia.
- Camping under the stars next to a glowing fire in the wilderness is as far away from the hustle and bustle of today's modern lifestyle as you can get.
- Learning camel handling and camel husbandry is one of the highlights of the safaris. Our camels love human contact and once you learn the techniques of successful camel handling, the camels will love you too.
"Watching people bond with the camels has always been one of the greatest joys of camel trekking I've experienced."
- Russell Osborne
(CEO Outback Australian Camels)
Professional Transcontinental Camel Expeditioner, feral and domestic Camel Trainer, Russell Osborne, will take you on a journey into this remote, yet stunningly beautiful part of the world that you will never forget and will hold onto forever as one of the worlds’ last great adventures.
Ever had a dream of a holiday, so unique, you'd feel like a
pioneer of the environment?
Experience Outback Australian Camels Safaris
History is being re-discovered.
History is being recovered.